Medium Frequency Transformer
Shinenergy’s medium frequency transformer means the transformers operate in the 400HZ~2KHZ range, low-frequency transformer has high losses, but the medium frequency transformer could reduce the power loss to some extent.
- Operate in medium frequency 400HZ~20KHZ
- Medium frequency transformer is multi-system operable
- Widely applied in the DC-DC electrical system
- CE, UL certificated
Low Noise Compared with the High Frequency Transformer
In traditional DC-DC converters, the high-frequency transformer will cause high noise, by adopting the medium frequency transformer, could solve this problem well. Noise is one of the vital indexes in choosing transformers.
Good Thermal Stability Compared with Typical Transformer
The medium frequency could solve a typical transformer’s poor thermal stability by using a 0.15 mm ultra-thin silicon steel sheet.
|Water Treatment Power
- What is a Medium Frequency Transformer?
- A Medium Frequency Transformer is designed to operate at frequencies higher than standard power frequencies (50/60 Hz) but lower than high frequencies, typically in the range of hundreds to thousands of Hz.
- What are the Main Applications of Medium Frequency Transformers?
- These transformers are commonly used in applications like induction heating, welding equipment, and in power supplies for medium frequency power conversion systems.
- How do Medium Frequency Transformers Differ from Standard Transformers?
- Unlike standard transformers, they are designed to efficiently handle power conversion at medium frequencies, which requires different core materials and winding techniques to minimize losses.
- What are the Benefits of Using Medium Frequency Transformers?
- Benefits include improved efficiency in power conversion, smaller size and weight compared to low-frequency transformers, and better performance in specific applications like induction heating.
- Are Medium Frequency Transformers More Efficient?
- Yes, they tend to be more efficient in their specific frequency range due to specialized design and materials that reduce losses typical at these frequencies.
- What Core Materials are Used in Medium Frequency Transformers?
- They often use materials like ferrite or amorphous steel, which have lower core losses at medium frequencies compared to traditional silicon steel.
- Can Medium Frequency Transformers be Customized?
- Yes, they are often customized to meet specific application requirements, including size, power rating, and frequency range.
- What Maintenance Do Medium Frequency Transformers Require?
- They generally require minimal maintenance, similar to standard transformers, but regular checks for overheating and insulation degradation are important.
- How Do You Determine the Correct Size of a Medium Frequency Transformer?
- Sizing is based on the power requirements of the application and the specific frequency range in which the transformer will operate.
- Are Medium Frequency Transformers Used in Residential Applications?
- They are typically not used in standard residential applications but are more common in industrial and specialized commercial applications.
Advantages of Medium Frequency Transformer
Medium frequency transformer is always applied in the DC system because it’s operated in medium frequency, which could reduce the power loss compared with the typical transformers. With the thin silicone steel sheet core, it has better control on the temperature rise.